Saturday, March 22, 2014
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West for Vogue April 2014. When I saw this, the first thing that I thought was, Anna Wintour what were you thinking? With little more text on the side and pictures of some celebrities this cover would look like the cover of a gossip magazine, which is the most likely place to see Kim and Kanye.
What a setback for Vogue! To me Vogue represented a respectable Fashion Magazine with timeless inspirational issues, photos that would blow your mind with creative stories behind them. Vogue was the gold standard of publications when it comes to fashion, it represented the culturally sophisticated woman who is powerful and chic.
In my opinion Kim and Kanye represent non of the above. They are good for entertainment in other ways to some people and they should stick to that.
I don't know if this is to create controversy and to take the Magazine to other levels but I really don't think this is the way to do that. At the moment the only thing that I love with Vogue is Grace Coddington.
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
- This quote by Jordan Belfort says it all, it's put in such a good way and it's airtight. There are many people with dreams but there are also a lot of people that are too lazy to go after their dreams and I guess excuses are an easy way out. The best thing is to go for your dreams, who know where the journey itself will take you? maybe you'll find a better dream along the way? Maybe you'll meet new wonderful people? and most definitely you will learn more about yourself and the world around you.
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley for Vamp Magazine Spring/Summer 2014 by Paola Kudacki. The street style influenced photos for the first issue of Vamp Magazine looks pretty great. I'm looking forward to seeing what this new fashion magazine will bring to the market of fashion magazines, I'm hoping for something new and fresh!
Monday, March 17, 2014
- Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you all! Today is the day of the color green but I must admit that overall I'm not a huge fan of green but I think emerald can look good especially emerald stones. I love these type of drop earrings, they look so chic and go perfect with updos and believe it or not if I had to pick any color to have these kind of earrings in it would be emerald.
Sunday, March 16, 2014
- Nadja Bender For Vogue Russia April by Mariano Vivanco. The shoot is inspired by Yves Saint Laurent muses of the 70s. At the time I'm really into masculine tailoring on women, it looks so edgy and chic so this spread is like made for me - Love it! I found two from Zara one that's blue and another one that's yellow - perfect for the summer!
Saturday, March 15, 2014
- Cape coats are the best thing both during fall and spring, it allows you to display what you are wearing on top and also allows you to layer. It also makes the whole outfit look more elegant, it's a classical piece. However in order to not look like a wizard or a vampire it's important to think of the length of the cape and also your body type.
Friday, March 14, 2014
- The search for the perfect foundation.. I used to use a foundation from Make Up Store and it felt so heavy on my face plus after a couple of hours it started to crease, it just wasn't working for me. For a few weeks ago I stumbled across this one, Double Wear Light from Estee Lauder, and I really like it. The foundation feels really light on the skin and it gives you a glow and the most important part? it doesn't crease. I haven't tried the rest of the products yet, but when I do I'm hoping to discover some new favorites.
Thursday, March 13, 2014
- VOGUE meets Sarah Jessica Parker. I love this interview just because it's not like a regular interview, it's fun and laid back. I also love love love Sarah, she seems down to earth but at the same time she has this really confident and sexy aura about her.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- ZARA 2014 FEBRUARY LOOKBOOK. Cropped tops - who can get enough of them? They go well with pretty much anything and look good on pretty much anybody! I know that a lot of people say that "if you don't have the perfect abs don't wear them" I don't agree. I think that you can pull it off no matter what body type you have. It all comes down to how you put all the pieces together, like everything else in life haha.
Monday, March 10, 2014
|Timo Weiland Fall 2014|
|Kenneth Cole Fall 2014|
|Vera Wang Fall 2014|
|Ralph Lauren fall 2014|
|J. Mendel Fall 2014|
|Tory Burch Fall 2014|
|Public School Fall 2014|
- Even though fall 2014 seems far away (Thank god, give me summer..I need the sun) it can be fun to look at what pieces we will be seeing more of during the fall. Some of my favorites are the knitted sweaters, fur and Plaid! Knitted Sweaters are great for fall and even spring to keep warm, it's a good alternative for me sometimes when I get tired of layering.